View three PowerPoint presentations:
- Navigating the Online WBL Database
- Registering and Signing In
- Using the Placement Screen
- Create a username and password and sign in. (Note: If you are program staff, check with your regional office or with Jennifer Leonard for an access code. For employer or intern database passwords, the access code is not necessary.)
- Enter one placement and WBLP. This may be for a real student or a fictional student.
- Have a colleague review what you have entered.
- (If the placement is fictional, have your colleague show you how to delete the placement.)
- Explore http://skillspages.com/masswbl to become familiar with the resources available online
To learn more:
- Go to http://skillspages.com/masswbl to further browse the resources available online
- Read “Using the Reports/Admin Menu”
- Go to the Reports/Admin Menu and run and print 2-3 reports as an example.
The Online Work-Based Learning Database (WBL Database) is found at https://masswbl.org. This database is used by a variety of programs across Massachusetts, including the School to Career Connecting Activities program and many of the Cooperative Education programs, YouthWorks, WIA Youth, local summer jobs programs and other programs.
The database provides a placement screen for recording and managing placement information, plus screens for each section of the WBLP, including the job description, skills/tasks, and performance reviews. It also provides a menu of reports and a bank of sample job descriptions and skills/tasks, a rubric for evaluating foundation skills, and, coming soon, reflection questions to guide student reflections.